Nitrite 2.0 ppm
Nitrate 80 ppm 
pH 6.6 

05-25 0900
Ammonia 0 ppm 
Nitrite 0.5 ppm 
Nitrate 80 ppm
pH 7.2

No Ammonia, Nitrite is falling, Nitrate holding steady and oddly enough pH has risen.

This is using the API Freshwater Master Test Kit as per instructions in the booklet. 

I'm hesitant to do a water change as I don't want to disturb the downward trend in Nitrite. Thoughts?

20210524_101801.jpg

• Like 1

@Fish Folk, tank journals and Apex logs are my limit of documentation, and I don't think I did a lot of testing when setting up tanks. Organic soil tanks are so full of bacteria and nutrients that cycling is not really an issue. As Diana Walstad says,

“I usually let the tank run overnight with the heater and filter hooked up before adding the fish. However, if the tank looks good, sometimes I’ll add fish that evening without problems.”

Excerpt From: Diana Louise Walstad. “Ecology of the Planted Aquarium.” Apple Books. https://books.apple.com/us/book/ecology-of-the-planted-aquarium/id661029773

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

@Fish Folk, tank journals and Apex logs are my limit of documentation, and I don't think I did a lot of testing when setting up tanks. Organic soil tanks are so full of bacteria and nutrients that cycling is not really an issue. As Diana Walstad says,

“I usually let the tank run overnight with the heater and filter hooked up before adding the fish. However, if the tank looks good, sometimes I’ll add fish that evening without problems.”

Excerpt From: Diana Louise Walstad. “Ecology of the Planted Aquarium.” Apple Books. https://books.apple.com/us/book/ecology-of-the-planted-aquarium/id661029773

This^

• Like 1