I got kicked out....

Tre

I’ve gotta know if anyone else had a similar or even crazier boot. 
I largely ignore Facebook groups....my town’s group is insane. I happened to be on Facebook you checking my notifications and looked at the one betta group notification. Below I saw a post of a girl’s betta in a store cup. She uses it to remove it for cleaning.... it said how the fish was acting lethargic and had not eaten in a week. Nothing else. 
I saw one comment asking parameters and others just listing meds. I would say it’s unbelievable but it happens daily. I commented that removing the betta was not advised for cleaning. Asked, parameters, tank size, filter and heater. 
The girl had only said “good” for parameters and “decent” for tank size in a group that says it doesn’t condone less then 2.5 gallons but it’s constant. 
Another person commented that she hated seeing these posts constantly and without more information people would kill the fish with their misguided advice. I agreed that it would be nice if the admins stepped in with having people list the basic information but I asked and couldn’t force her to answer. All of my comments were deleted. ><
Not even the girl complaining about people asking questions. I asked the admin in a message and she was such a flake. Sadly she wrote a book on bettas she says she just released. 
I was muted and could not get through to her that listed qualified breeders and sellers helped people not buy from petsmart and petco which they say they are against....but you can’t mention breeders....

So that’s my story and I just want to say “Thank you.” For all the folks on the board. 20 years keeping bettas....I know I speak in a very “to the point manner” but she’s got a fish laying on its side in an inch of water. Any words of encouragement welcome....that losing faith in humanity feeling is sure common this year.... Just keep swimming. 

94C3C200-3927-4A61-A5C0-05DC9CE442EA.jpeg

Edited by Tre
  • Like 5

Yeah FB is a messy place, full of so many unproductive discussions, why I'm hardly on it. I got ripped off sort of on FB recently. I have a brine shrimp hatchery on thingiverse and got a message from a fellow thingiverse user that someone in Australia was printing and selling my design without attribution.

I'm in the US so not really worth infiltrating a FB group to call it out, but an example of it's the wild west in some groups.

Edited by TheDukeAnumber1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheDukeAnumber1 said:

Yeah FB is a messy place, full of so many unproductive discussions, why I'm hardly on it. I got ripped off sort of on FB recently. I have a brine shrimp hatchery on thingiverse and got a message from a fellow thingiverse user that someone in Australia was printing and selling my design without attribution.

I'm in the US so not really worth infiltrating a FB group to call it out, but an example of it's the wild west in some groups.

That sucks. Yeah....it’s a really pain trying to balance kind on the internet with some of these folks. In person I don’t have these issues.... (shrug) short girls from Kensington. 

When Facebook first started to become mainstream (i.e., not just for college students), I never would've suspected people to act the way they've always behaved on forums -- I figured having to use their real name would give people more of a filter. But nope, it wasn't the anonymity that made people vicious; it's the lack of face-to-face interaction.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StephenP2003 said:

When Facebook first started to become mainstream (i.e., not just for college students), I never would've suspected people to act the way they've always behaved on forums -- I figured having to use their real name would give people more of a filter. But nope, it wasn't the anonymity that made people vicious; it's the lack of face-to-face interaction.

200% agree. I see it a lot. Even using their real names people have this sense of disconnect because they can't see the person they are "talking to". They feel safe saying all sorts of nasty things like they have forgotten they are insulting and being nasty to a real person. Then again how o was treated face to face when I worked retail was enough to prove people are quite capable of being nasty that way too with no regrets or hesitations.

Who says people are using their real name or any of their real info on Facebook? I never did. Not giving my info to a site that likes to sell that info.

Then again, I also haven't been on Facebook in years, for exactly this sort of reason. Too much drama, too many loons. 

I've got better things to do with my time than waste it trying to explain something to someone who won't listen. You've got better things to be doing too! Don't let them get you down. Enjoy life instead, and as was said earlier. Just keep swimming.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nataku said:

Who says people are using their real name or any of their real info on Facebook? I never did. Not giving my info to a site that likes to sell that info.

Then again, I also haven't been on Facebook in years, for exactly this sort of reason. Too much drama, too many loons. 

I've got better things to do with my time than waste it trying to explain something to someone who won't listen. You've got better things to be doing too! Don't let them get you down. Enjoy life instead, and as was said earlier. Just keep swimming.

Thanks Nataku! Just what I needed not to feel like checking in... People leave so much public on there. No ty! I'm taking my few minutes a night on here if I have em....plenty to do during the day especially home schooling mini Einstein the Murphy lover ><