Tips for catching a Siamese Algae Eater?? Dude is fast!

Aquali

I have a half-grown SAE who's really cool. At first he thought he was an oto and would school with them, but unfortunately he's gotten too comfortable and has become a bully. I have other tanks I'd love for him to clean but try as I might, I can't catch him. Anyone have tips for homemade fish traps so I can try my best to trap him?

I've used the bottle method, it always seems to catch more than I want however. My best method I've resorted to, is the 2 AM with a flashlight trick. You only get a couple minutes then they start to "wake up". But for a short amount of time it's like deer in the headlights, they kind of freeze up. Makes some of those athletic fish easier to nab with a net.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 5/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, Griznatch said:

I've used the bottle method, it always seems to catch more than I want however. My best method I've resorted to, is the 2 AM with a flashlight trick. You only get a couple minutes then they start to "wake up". But for a short amount of time it's like deer in the headlights, they kind of freeze up. Makes some of those athletic fish easier to nab with a net.

This is a great idea! Wish me luck, I’m trying it tonight!