Joseph

Hello I currently have 3 gbrs in a 30 gallon flex heavily planted with a mixture of florite sand and flourish. These 3 are very active and the male can't seem to make up his mind who he wants to breed with the females have thier breeding tube extended and have cleaned every rock and dug pits all over the tank. But when it comes down to the buesness the two females start going at it for what I'm assuming is breeding rights. I do have line of sight blocks for them but they never really breed after the bickering starts with the femals. Would it be better if I take one female out so they could complete the task or just let them be? 

FB_IMG_1620047889019.jpg

Well - you will have to take one of the female out after a pair forms as the other two will harass it to death. Until then i'm not sure if you should wait a bit of just pick one yourself.

-

The fact that the male isn't showing a lot of interest might suggest he is not sexually mature (assuming it is an actual male).

On 5/3/2021 at 10:07 AM, anewbie said:

Well - you will have to take one of the female out after a pair forms as the other two will harass it to death. Until then i'm not sure if you should wait a bit of just pick one yourself.

-

The fact that the male isn't showing a lot of interest might suggest he is not sexually mature (assuming it is an actual male).

Oh he is definitely a male but you may be right they was purchased about two months ago about dime sized I've been feeding black worms mosquito larvae bloodworms as well as live bbs. The female was definitely ready to lay swollen belly extended breeding tube but today she is back to normal so im assuming they ate the eggs