New Ludwigia Stems dissapearing from bottom up

usually when you get stem plants they are clippings so you need to get them to grow roots before planting them or you can get melting like this at the bottom. I like to just let my lead bunches of stems float on the substrate in my tank for a couple days till I see roots start and some new growth on top then ill plant them. I would take the ones that are melting and cut them above where the melting is happening to give the plant a fresh section and then just let it float above your substrate till you see some roots sprouting and try to plant again. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

usually when you get stem plants they are clippings so you need to get them to grow roots before planting them or you can get melting like this at the bottom. I like to just let my lead bunches of stems float on the substrate in my tank for a couple days till I see roots start and some new growth on top then ill plant them. I would take the ones that are melting and cut them above where the melting is happening to give the plant a fresh section and then just let it float above your substrate till you see some roots sprouting and try to plant again. 

I did cut the parts off that were in the weight that they come in (I got them at a LFS) and then planted them. But should I cut off like right under the first node I can see?

• Like 1