Tank mates for Bolivian rams

Kphillips6

Would Bolivian rams get along with honey gouramis, angelfish, lyretail mollies, L128 blue phantom plecos and vampire shrimp? I'm thinking about combining 2 55 gallon tanks with a 4" pipe. I was just wondering if anyone thinks this is a good or bad idea. Don't be mean, blunt is ok but I'm just trying to gather ideas for my future big and hopefully last tank(s).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kphillips6 said:

Would Bolivian rams get along with honey gouramis, angelfish, lyretail mollies, L128 blue phantom plecos and vampire shrimp? I'm thinking about combining 2 55 gallon tanks with a 4" pipe. I was just wondering if anyone thinks this is a good or bad idea. Don't be mean, blunt is ok but I'm just trying to gather ideas for my future big and hopefully last tank(s).

Yeah this would work out fine.

Seems like that would be really cool. Perhaps maybe a larger tube? I am sure angels body folding the fins would be able to swim through (if that’s what you’re going for) but it would be bad for one to get stuck once it gets full grown 

Angels won't make it through the pipe but not sure they care - they are mostly happy in their little area. No large red flags. Angels generally prefer it a little warmer than the rams but they overlap a lot and the rams are pretty tolerable of temp changes. Only negatives are potential for leaks in the pipe and in ability to isolate an issue in one tank as both tanks will not share the same eco-system.