White bulge on ember tetra

Jespi

Hi all! One of my ember tetras has this white bulge on the side. She's quite bloated too but it looks like it's because she's pregnant (a couple of others look like that too sometimes). She's active and swimming with the school. She's in a fairly planted 10 gallon with 8 more embers, a female betta, 2 nerites and some amano shrimp. 

Water parameters are:

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 25

GH: 300

KH: 80

PH: 7.4 

No new additions in about 6 months and temperature is a steady 78° 

Any ideas what it could be? 

IMG_20210424_220722~2.jpg

IMG_20210424_221007.jpg

IMG_20210424_220538.jpg

15 hours ago, Jespi said:

Hi all! One of my ember tetras has this white bulge on the side. She's quite bloated too but it looks like it's because she's pregnant (a couple of others look like that too sometimes). She's active and swimming with the school. She's in a fairly planted 10 gallon with 8 more embers, a female betta, 2 nerites and some amano shrimp. 

Water parameters are:

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 25

GH: 300

KH: 80

PH: 7.4 

No new additions in about 6 months and temperature is a steady 78° 

Any ideas what it could be? 

IMG_20210424_220722~2.jpg

IMG_20210424_221007.jpg

IMG_20210424_220538.jpg

With the lump I don't think it's dropsy  it could internal bacterial infection something else could be going on I would Qarantine and treat with maracyn and aquarium and salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Hi, google image yourself lymphocystis and see if that is what your fish friend might have. 

To my surprise the lump completely disappeared today so it certainly looks like that was it! Thank you very much

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colu said:

With the lump I don't think it's dropsy  it could internal bacterial infection something else could be going on I would Qarantine and treat with maracyn and aquarium and salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons

That's what I was thinking but her normal behavior threw me off. The lump disappeared today so fortunately it looks like that wasn't it but thank you very much anyway!