Stocking Questions.

Kaleb Heiermann

15 minutes ago, Kaleb Heiermann said:

I’m thinking about stocking 10 danios and 6 cherry shrimp into a planted 20 gallon long tank. Are there any issues with this? Is it under or over stocked? 

This looks like a fine stocking plan. It doesn't look overstocked. How many plants/how much plant cover do you have? What type of danios are you thinking of? It is crucial you have good plant cover when keeping shrimp, especially with voracious fish such as zebra danios. If they are celestial pearl danios, they are much less likely to harm the shrimp. However, celestial pearl danios also enjoy plant cover, so keep this in mind as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

This looks like a fine stocking plan. It doesn't look overstocked. How many plants/how much plant cover do you have? What type of danios are you thinking of? It is crucial you have good plant cover when keeping shrimp, especially with voracious fish such as zebra danios. If they are celestial pearl danios, they are much less likely to harm the shrimp. However, celestial pearl danios also enjoy plant cover, so keep this in mind as well.

I was thinking of Zebra danios. I was just told they might be aggressive. Monte Carlo for a carpet, Vallisneria in the background, and some crypticoryne Parva. I’m getting some lava rocks from flip aquatics as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kaleb Heiermann said:

I was thinking of Zebra danios. I was just told they might be aggressive. Monte Carlo for a carpet, Vallisneria in the background, and some crypticoryne Parva. I’m getting some lava rocks from flip aquatics as well.

The zebra danios are not aggressive, they will just be very fast and active, therefore making it harder for baby shrimp to escape if chased. But other than that, I don't think you will have any problems.

• Like 2