White, stringy 💩 poop!

Tracey

On 9/14/2020 at 2:47 PM, Rikostan said:

Does it look like this? i was just coming here to ask about this...

She has been my most active since I started the tank, but i noticed she wasn't looking so hot last night. This morning she had this.

20200914_144154.jpg.db60d08f0fb5d947d0c8b35c6509284e.jpg

Wow! That is the most POSITIVE I have ever seen for internal tape worms..unless you fed something completely white lately... This is a great example for all viewers. Although not all poop is this long beware. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, siniardem said:

Wow! That is the most POSITIVE I have ever seen for internal tape worms..unless you fed something completely white lately... This is a great example for all viewers. Although not all poop is this long beware. 

I started medicating the morning I posted that. She is still alive, but not doing much at all. She didn't really have any signs other than being lethargic the night before I saw the string too. It hit fast... or at least it didn't show many signs at first.

She is a tough one. Hope she makes it!

How is she doing?

On 9/17/2020 at 2:16 PM, Rikostan said:

I started medicating the morning I posted that. She is still alive, but not doing much at all. She didn't really have any signs other than being lethargic the night before I saw the string too. It hit fast... or at least it didn't show many signs at first.

She is a tough one. Hope she makes it!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 11:15 AM, Tracey said:

I would like a definitive answer to this please? Does white, stringy poo mean parasites or digestive issues?? I’ve read conflicting answers and I don’t want to treat for something that doesn’t need treatment!! Please help!! Thank you!!

9034D5E4-0DD3-4843-831E-15CD3A1BD89D.png