Guppy had some babies in the QT tank?

I have some guppies in the QT tank and they have been through their first QT trio, and 1 round of de worming. They are in the 2 week rest period and will receive their second round of deworming. Last night I saw a baby in the fake plants I have in there. Both the females are pregnant, and on is VERY preggo. She may have had more, but they may have been a nice delicious snack 😞 

But there is 1 in there that I can see, swimming in the plants. Probably more to come. 

Question: Can I continue to de worm if there are babies in the tank? I do have a breeding net box ready to go, but not sure if it will stress them out more or not.

AND.. I have a bacterial bloom happening in there suddenly as well UGH! This tank has been PERFECT till now..ALL chemistry is normal. I am feeding them now only to protect the babies from being a snack. But once the de worming #2 starts, I will not feed them till post treatment.

3 minutes ago, Sandra the fish rookie said:

I have some guppies in the QT tank and they have been through their first QT trio, and 1 round of de worming. They are in the 2 week rest period and will receive their second round of deworming. Last night I saw a baby in the fake plants I have in there. Both the females are pregnant, and on is VERY preggo. She may have had more, but they may have been a nice delicious snack 😞 

But there is 1 in there that I can see, swimming in the plants. Probably more to come. 

Question: Can I continue to de worm if there are babies in the tank? I do have a breeding net box ready to go, but not sure if it will stress them out more or not.

AND.. I have a bacterial bloom happening in there suddenly as well UGH! This tank has been PERFECT till now..ALL chemistry is normal. I am feeding them now only to protect the babies from being a snack. But once the de worming #2 starts, I will not feed them till post treatment.

Do you have good reason to suspect that they're carrying worms?

@Fish Folk No. Just my history with guppies from the LFS. I ordered these online from Michael's fish room in NJ. I got mutt guppies. They are eating and have not seen any signs of worms. I received them April 6th and waited till April 8th to start the quarantine trio followed with another dose of Paracleans day 3, 25% water change. 

47 minutes ago, Sandra the fish rookie said:

@Fish Folk No. Just my history with guppies from the LFS. I ordered these online from Michael's fish room in NJ. I got mutt guppies. They are eating and have not seen any signs of worms. I received them April 6th and waited till April 8th to start the quarantine trio followed with another dose of Paracleans day 3, 25% water change. 

I'd personally trust Michael's guppies, and go ahead and release them early. Totally your call though! He's pretty careful with his stock. The Guppies we all get at our LFS (or chain  box stores) come from crazy environments, pass through countless tank waters, are sometimes brutally shipped . . . it's amazing that they survive at all. Michael's Guppies are going to be single-sourced fish. From his water to yours. Possible there could be sickness -- never hurts to treat! -- but I'd suggest it's unlikely. 

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1