Heater Low Flow

Nicole

I recently bought a heater with a digital readout, and I rearranged the plants in my tank, and now it says I have low flow. I have a 40-gallon breeder with a large Aquarium Co-op sponge filter on each end. I also have a nano tank circulation pump aimed right at the heater housing. I have tried a more powerful circulation pump in the past, but it seemed like my fish were struggling to adjust to the flow on even the lowest setting. So I guess my question is really, how much flow do you need in a planted tank? Should the leaves be moving slightly all the time?

FEB4F33C-78CF-4B3B-AD70-9ECAFE905995.jpeg

That sounds like that could just be the heater doesn't think it's getting enough flow over itself to work as efficiently as it would like.  The flow in your tank is probably fine for the fish, but the 'smart' heater doesn't like it.

I would assume it's probably fine, but I'd also look and consider what others have to say (I currently don't operate any heaters in any of my tanks, so I say this without having used a fish tank heater in over 20 years).

If that doesn't work you will have to reset your heater turn it off then place it on a  45dgree angle turn it back on turn it down to as low as it will go then turn up as high as it will go then set it to the desired temperature that should do the trick

Edited by Colu