What do you use to cover/strain your overflows to keep fish out of the drain?

Fishdude

I've finally gotten together the right parts for the back end of my overflow drain system (I repeated what @Cory did in his old fishroom build videos). I'll show all the parts and such and assembly in my fishroom build blog. But now I need to address the internal portion of the overflow.

I have a 1" bulkhead with a slip fitting, I suspect I'll use a 3/4" elbow or 1" street elbow pointed upward. What drain covers or designs (even diy) have you seen or tried to reduce noise and keep the fish in the tank during water changes?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Fishdude said:

Gracias!

Btw, if you shop around, you can find them cheaper. I just couldn't link exactly where since they are our competition and I don't want to break my own forums rules 😉

Hah, so noted Cory! I'd say when it comes to the number of orders I've placed from the Co-op (and have plans to place in the next month and a half) that you really have no competition for my business.

Edited by Fishdude

4 hours ago, Cory said:

Btw, if you shop around, you can find them cheaper. I just couldn't link exactly where since they are our competition and I don't want to break my own forums rules 😉

No one gets special treatment. If I had to drop the ban hammer on Cory....let's just say I hope it never comes to that.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

No one gets special treatment. If I had to drop the ban hammer on Cory....let's just say I hope it never comes to that.🙂

I had to go back and re-read the rules just to be sure I was in compliance. It's been touch and go but so far I seem to be in the clear!

• Haha 1