Otto cat

junebug14

Hi everyone, I have an otto cat that got caught in an ornament and has pretty bad scrapes. I moved him to a quarantine tank and hes been there for 36 hours. What can I treat him with to help aid to fight infection and skin care. Thank in advance

43 minutes ago, junebug14 said:

Hi everyone, I have an otto cat that got caught in an ornament and has pretty bad scrapes. I moved him to a quarantine tank and hes been there for 36 hours. What can I treat him with to help aid to fight infection and skin care. Thank in advance

I would use stress coat, and the scrapes will heal naturally.

• Like 1

I have found mine to be quite hardy in terms of healing injuries. I had one somehow get a huge gash on his head, I thought he would get sick and die for sure. There was no easy way to catch him, but the tank parameters were good, and he made a full recovery. With the exception of bettas, I have found that most fish heal from injuries rapidly, without intervention, as long as the water is clean, the temperature is appropriate, and they are not being re-injured. Long finned bettas seem to be cabable of injuring themselves by swimming. 

• Like 1