My weird betta

Lexi B

Screenshot_20210404-094254.png.6a333288136665474a12fd73f2c1ed9b.pngSo, this is Chenley. His hobbies are swimming, sunbathing, and subverting expectations.

Chenley has roomed with many species of fish, ranging from guppies, tetras, many sizes of cory, and even cherry shrimp.

He was bought initially to help cull fry. He doesn't like to eat fry. In fact, he doesn't like to eat much of anything except repashy and betta gold, unless the cories are eating it too. 

When faced with a net used to clean out water lettuce, Chenley feels the need to enter the net and investigate rather than hide or swim away.

He is the most placid betta I've ever seen. He's never even nipped at another fish or crustacean, and instead seems to be curious about his tank mates. 

Has anyone else ever had a betta fish that really really doesn't act like the typical betta? I guess I never really expected a betta to deviate so much from the stereotype. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Awww he sounds like a great little guy. I've had three bettas within the last few years and each have had their own personality. I had a "King Betta" who would never hunt fry, but would stuff entire neo shrimp into his mouth.

My favorite so far is my little plakat named Mister Mojo. When I first got him he would go around the tank and punch any snails he saw to make them drop off the glass. Now a days he just likes to watch the snails, and maybe do a little war dance at them. The other day I saw him pushing the mystery snail in his tank through the water with his nose. He's not afraid of my hands when I do things in the tank and is always snooping at what I'm doing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a absolutely beautiful half moon betta that I picked up from a big box pet store. He is just like your betta, he doesn't have a care in the world at all! He likes to hang out in the back of his aquarium and take naps on rosette swords and can't be bothered half the time I feed him to come take a bite. He is pure laziness 🙂

• Haha 1

My old my betta named Marlin would swim right into the net aswell. It made it very easy for moving days.

My current Betta named Hugo, will sometimes be too busy saying hi and begging for food to even relize that I placed food in.

He also loves the laser pointer:

• Like 1