I will be able to go to aquarium coop! Anything I should know?

FriendlyLoach

This summer my family wants to do a road trip, because it is sort of the safest thing we can do in these times. We will be passing through Washington near the store! I am really excited, because I have listened to the podcasts and watched their youtube channel for years! I would listen to the podcasts while doing hours of weed wacking. LOL. Anyways I was wondering if there was anything else I should try and visit while I am there? Thanks everyone!

Theres a really cool store in seattle called "the fish store" some people may say its tanks are dirty that's semi true they dont seem to clean off algea but their fish are great. They have a wide selection of fresh and saltwater fish they even have libebearers that can be kept in soft water! Also their prices are great they sell healthy neon dwarf rainbow fish for 4 dollars versus the coops 8 

• Thanks 1

One thing I would be aware of is the large price difference. The coop is way more expensive then other fish stores and the seattle area in general is way more expensive then other parts of the us. Also you have to pay a sales tax. This can be anoying for people that come to washington state, the sales tax I believe is 11% could be a bit lower or higher. It also changes by city 1 or 2 percent. 

• Thanks 1

It’s a great place to visit. The betta rack will blow your mind! The tanks are perfectly maintained and all the staff I’ve had contact with are friendly and professional. They’ve even let my daughter watch Murphy devouring some clams. 
 If there’s a wait to get in they’ll give you a little alarm to let you know when it’s your turn. They’re also asking folks to only spend 20 min in the store. 

If you’re looking for a meal, the Edmonds/Shoreline area has some of the best Korean restaurants in the Seattle metro area. 

There are some other fish stores not to far away that are worth a visit. I really enjoy the local ADA dealer. 

• Thanks 1