How unlevel is too unlevel

AquaAggie

I have a Fluval flex 15g that I want to put on my desk at work. Took it up there to test the feel and discovered (shockingly 🙄) that my desk is not flat. I don’t have the mat the comes with the tank. Will a foam mat take care of this or do I need a different solution?

also how do I help prevent water from damaging the desk? Open to all suggestions, thanks. 

Edit I don’t know why the one set of pictures keeps loading upside down 🤷‍♂️

4F59FAE0-C1D1-42D1-8055-876453A4C16A.jpeg

89F4A47C-A748-422B-BE68-8C0ACA5A2769.jpeg

4BA3DD75-6897-46F8-A6C6-E708DA6127A8.jpeg

854E6529-C8A1-4B58-92F5-CDD846751CB7.jpeg

Edited by AquaAggie

I would get a yoga foam mat from Wal-mart (usually about $10), put it under it and see what it looks like. If it seems to fix your problem, cut it to size with an Xacto knife. Several of my friends who are heavily into aquascaping and rimless glass tanks are using those instead of the more expensive proprietary products from UNS, and ADA. Mind you though from the pictures it's hard to see how big your problem is, and it does look like it is rimless.

Edited by Jungle Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One idea for a not ugly splash-protection solution is one of those now popular oversized mousepads. If you are feeling handy, you can mount it on plywood or similar to also make a flat surface. You'll still want the foam, I'd guess.

• Like 1