German blue ram

Slick_Nick

Hello everyone I have a male German Blue Ram named Franklin. I’ve had him for 8 months now in a 15 gallon Fluval flex. His tank mates are 4 Otocinclus and 4 harlequin rasboras and 2 male endlers that I don’t have anywhere else to put 😂 Anyways I decided to re scape one of my other tanks a few weeks ago and I pulled a bunch of shrimp out of that tank! I wanted to thin out the herd a bit so I figured I’d put some in Franklins tank and give him a nice live meal.... Bad idea!!! Franklin was very persistent on finding and eating every last shrimp to the point he was ramming his face into the rocks trying to get them hiding in cracks! I noticed a mark under his chin one day and it looked a little red at the tip. I was going to treat him but the next day the red went away and now it’s a white bump. Hopefully you can see in the photos or are able to zoom in and see! I have an arrow pointing to it in one photo. Wondering if it’s something I need to treat or if it’s just something that will always be there. I don’t want to treat unless necessary any help is greatly appreciated!!

0C69B2D4-7243-4FFC-B41B-AC5D7723E8A4.jpeg

738AFA40-E06E-4346-BEE3-FF4A16034E4A.jpeg

61E3CDE3-DEFC-4D9A-86A8-3634E89D6D13.jpeg

3595D799-CEF2-4B21-A578-22E9F5210315.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Slick_Nick said:

Awesome very good to hear! Do they ever have marks left over from their injuries or bumps where they were injured? 

So far, no. I'd think it would have to be pretty serious to leave any sort of permanent mark. Any bumps my fish have atm are just from aging. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, H.K.Luterman said:

So far, no. I'd think it would have to be pretty serious to leave any sort of permanent mark. Any bumps my fish have atm are just from aging. 

Good to know I am probably going to try and treat him then because the bump on his face is not going away. It’s difficult to tell if it’s changed in size at all, but it’s been over a week and it’s still there. Thanks again for your help!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Ricklax96 said:

Hey @Slick_Nick. How did this end up resolving? I woke up this morning to a red bump on my male gbr pictured here. Is this similar to how it started on Franklin there too? If you medicated what did you end up using?

20210425_092732.jpg

Hey @Ricklax96 my GBR still has the bump on his face unfortunately. I’ve tried a couple different medications the one I had the most success with and was surprised about was API Pimafix. The bump started to get smaller and smaller I had been dosing for about 10 days with a 25%water change after 7 days but I stopped treating him and it grew back again. I tried pimafix again and it seems to start to help but then it doesn’t look any better! Really frustrating I’m sorry to hear about your GBR! I notice yours has his injury directly on his lip very interesting! Hope you can find something that helps! I’ll post a pic of what mine currently looks like you can see mine below his lip

DB77E775-F44F-494A-9BA1-B377EBCB9458.jpeg

Edited by Slick_Nick
Tagged person