SNAIL OVERLOAD

GoldenGardner

So I'm sad to say that I kind of freaked out when there were so many of the bladder snails and completely cleaned out the tank before reading that I could get a pea puffer. I dumped the water outside and left everything outside for a few days. (Putting my one mystery snail and the fry into the big tank.  A bit of an overreaction I know. I then rinsed everything and replanted my tank and reorganized it. Then pulled the water from the big tank to fill the 5 gallon tank and was going to leave it empty to just let the plants grow, and have one mystery snail in it, but then my guppy had babies and I was able to catch 20 of them to put in this little tank. But I never filled the water up too high, there was about 2-4 inches from the top which is why that mystery snail was able to lay eggs. I was doing a water change yesterday so I just wiped those eggs up. I want to see if I can keep this tank really clean. Before with the babies and the millions of bladder snails, the water was always so hazy, I just could not get it to stop being hazy. I filled the tank up to a higher point and I don't think there's enough room for my mystery snail to lay more. (I did watch Cory's video on mystery snail eggs.) 
Now my bigger tank has a million bladder snails in it, and I'm trying to convince my husband that we should infact get a 3rd tank, but I'm not sure I can. I may need to have been doing this for more then 2 months to convince him that. The second tank wasn't hard, but the 3-5 will be.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GoldenGardner said:

Oh looking up Loaches now! 

Depending on the size tank, I'd say, Zebra loaches for aquariums 20g and lower, and maybe yoyo loaches for 20g and above, and clowns for 50g and above. Clowns can be kept in 30g but in my opinion its just too small. If your looking for a good snail cleaner, for a small tank id just go grab 5 zebra loaches and watch them go to town. Keep in mind however, all loaches will peck at nerites and mystery snails so beware.