Any ideas for how to oxygenate a pond?

FriendlyLoach

I think I saw a floating solar powered “fountain” pump on amazon. It’s not an air pump, but the streams of water falling back to the surface of the water should create enough agitation for oxygenation, I would assume. If sound is an issue, disregard.

1 hour ago, WhitecloudDynasty said:

If the solar isn't ment to charge a battery then you won't have any air at night when you need it the most. And yes everything out on the market is still to weak.

Thank you! Do you have any recommendations of other ideas? I know plants stop making oxygen at night, but I was wondering if since temps lower at night and the water would probably get to about 50 or so degrees, if it would work out. 

You'd probably have to cobble something together with solar panels, batteries, and a DC air pump if you want lots of air.  But you'll need a big panel then too.  or you could buy a lot of small commercially available ones.  But after a quick google search, they look a bit cheap and all come with panels that are so small i doubt the could work 24/7.

You may also want to look into exactly how much you need.  It's possible you don't need much or any at all.  But you didn't say your application or how deep your pond is (also I don't know how to compute it even if you told me everything 😉 ).

Edited by CT_
typos

@CT_Thanks, the pond is 500 gallons and is just under 2 feet at the deepest point. It is in full sun however it will be covered in water lilies, maybe that will cool it, and is partly underground. I may just get another water pump and position it to add as much air as possible. Thanks everyone.