Stink Bug

FlyingFishKeeper

Hi, so recently a stink bug pretty much submerged its self in my 5.5g with a betta and plants. Although it has been removed I was wondering if there was anything on it that might pose a threat to my fish or plants? If possible does anyone know how long anything that was on it will stay around and if it will be consumed by the plants? Thanks!

I had a spider fall into my aquarium, lets just say I was happy and my fish were happy. I felt kinda bad for the spider, but next time don't crawl into a fish tank. My fish loved it!

I'd think the betta would eat it before it can pose a threat to your plants. Parasites are probably not transmisable through aquatic life and bugs, and bettas do eat bugs in the wild. I would say let the betta eat it (assuming this bug isn't too big, have never seen a stink bug)

18 minutes ago, James Black said:

I would say let the betta eat it (assuming this bug isn't too big, have never seen a stink bug)

Stick bugs are quite massive for a bug, at least in Indiana (About the size of a nickel).

1 hour ago, FlyingFishKeeper said:

Hi, so recently a stink bug pretty much submerged its self in my 5.5g with a betta and plants. Although it has been removed I was wondering if there was anything on it that might pose a threat to my fish or plants? If possible does anyone know how long anything that was on it will stay around and if it will be consumed by the plants? Thanks!

I had a stink bug that managed to drown in my tank and remain hidden among my floating plants for I don't know how long. My fish weren't affected. I wouldn't worry about it

I noticed a stink bug had sunk to the bottom of my indoor “pond” yesterday, I believe it was. Today, I saw a few malaysian trumpet and bladder snails all over it. I’m hoping they consume it all in a couple days.

I was going to take it out at first, but I figured something would have to eat it. The male guppies were useless. They usually are when it comes to feeding. I’m sure if I had my females in there, they would have torn it apart. I always heard ghost shrimp were carnivorous, but they weren’t interested either. Thank gosh for my snail army.