Clown Loach Tank Size?

AquaAaron

No, not large enough to "keep", (5) juveniles would do OK in 80 gallons...

Typically Clown Loaches can live over 10 years, grow up to 12 inches, at that point you want to keep them(about 5) in at least 150 gallons.

[speaking as someone who loves Clown Loaches but all my aquariums are too small :(]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odd Alan said:

No, not large enough to "keep", (5) juveniles would do OK in 80 gallons...

Typically Clown Loaches can live over 10 years, grow up to 12 inches, at that point you want to keep them(about 5) in at least 150 gallons.

[speaking as someone who loves Clown Loaches but all my aquariums are too small :(]

Yeah I didn't think I would be able to keep them their entire lives unfortunately,

However hopefully once they have gotten to an adult size or atleast past the 6" Mark, I'd like to hope I have a large 6ft aquarium atleast by then (if I can convince the mrs) 

Clown loaches grow lots in there first year but beyond that they are slow growers. If you were to get some baby clown loaches you could probably put some in a 80 gallon, all though you would have to look for someone to re-home them too when they get too big. Here is a care video Cory did on clown loaches:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Black said:

Clown loaches grow lots in there first year but beyond that they are slow growers. If you were to get some baby clown loaches you could probably put some in a 80 gallon, all though you would have to look for someone to re-home them too when they get too big. Here is a care video Cory did on clown loaches:

Cheers buddy

I'll probably go for 4 or 5 for now and will monitor growth.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a larger aquarium by that point

• Like 1