Platys constipated?

Mariac007

If you're seeing a single large piece of fecal matter, I would not assume that they are constipated. If they become bloated and you are sure they aren't pregnant, then I would be worried. In my opinion, your fish looks healthy. Because you just got them, I'd keep an eye on them to just be safe, good luck! 😃

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keeg said:

If you're seeing a single large piece of fecal matter, I would not assume that they are constipated. If they become bloated and you are sure they aren't pregnant, then I would be worried. In my opinion, your fish looks healthy. Because you just got them, I'd keep an eye on them to just be safe, good luck! 😃

Thank you so much for the reply. I see no bloating at all! I will just keep an eye out to make sure nothing weird happens. Just sorta freaked me out cause all 5 decided to go to the bathroom at the same time and looked like that😅

Nah that's just platies being a little gross. All mine have been eating and pooping well for months, and I know they're pooping well because they've got long, glorious strings of poop dangling from them at any given time. My partner and I have been known to give a firm tap on the glass on occasion to get them to clean themselves up a little.

As they get better-fed, the poop should resemble the color of their food (wow, super gross!) but it's also handy for seeing at a glance who's not getting as much food as their brethren.

As long as it's not wriggling independently (in which case, it's worms!) I think you're okay.

• Like 1

Just now, Kirsten said:

Nah that's just platies being a little gross. All mine have been eating and pooping well for months, and I know they're pooping well because they've got long, glorious strings of poop dangling from them at any given time. My partner and I have been known to give a firm tap on the glass on occasion to get them to clean themselves up a little.

As they get better-fed, the poop should resemble the color of their food (wow, super gross!) but it's also handy for seeing at a glance who's not getting as much food as their brethren.

As long as it's not wriggling independently (in which case, it's worms!) I think you're okay.

😂 they’re so cute and tiny who would have thought they could produce something that long!! 
Thank you 🙏 

• Like 1