Break up general discussion?

Tre

I wandered on to look at things and realized how quick some pages are filling up. 
i was wondering if you wanted to break ground into new discussions. 
Equipment? Reviews, questions, suggestions  

Plants, Livestock, Tanks (new setups, reviews, questions, suggestions)

I would keep general discussion but I was just thinking us tech nerds and those looking for new/good stuff could easily find it. 
Also a sub to discuss Plants specifically would be hot.... the other, livestock would be cool....

Those seem to be the biggest areas that pop up and I’m not an expert but not on constantly so I might miss a great topic. 
Oh and please pin aquarium memes. Lol

As a brand new member, I like this idea because I'm not entirely sure where to post my questions! I've posted in diseases, general diss., and photos. And it feels like I'm all over the place 😕

7 minutes ago, Tre said:

I wandered on to look at things and realized how quick some pages are filling up. 
i was wondering if you wanted to break ground into new discussions. 
Equipment? Reviews, questions, suggestions  

Plants, Livestock, Tanks (new setups, reviews, questions, suggestions)

I would keep general discussion but I was just thinking us tech nerds and those looking for new/good stuff could easily find it. 
Also a sub to discuss Plants specifically would be hot.... the other, livestock would be cool....

Those seem to be the biggest areas that pop up and I’m not an expert but not on constantly so I might miss a great topic. 
Oh and please pin aquarium memes. Lol

Oh bonus thought for whomever is controlling these decisions.  Diseases.... might want to make that Issues? or Tank issues?   So the is this fish ok? What is this? and those things make it there.  I think folks with problems are not posting there because the are not sure it's a Disease...

Maybe "Dots, Spots, Diseases, and disasters" ?

Agree with using different categories, but probably shouldn't break it up too much or all at once. I visit a lot of forums that go overboard with topic/subtopic/sub-subtopic... "Post here about pumps, but here if it's about eheim pumps; don't post about angelfish in the African cichlid subforum darn it." 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StephenP2003 said:

Agree with using different categories, but probably shouldn't break it up too much or all at once. I visit a lot of forums that go overboard with topic/subtopic/sub-subtopic... "Post here about pumps, but here if it's about eheim pumps; don't post about angelfish in the African cichlid subforum darn it." 

Yeah definitely not too much division.  I'm too used to the issue of having an insane amount of topics and subtopics.  I think a Tech/Equipment and a Livestock sub would be nice.  I don't want to miss reviews, new stuff or those small things people mention that you can find at the dollar store and safe you an hour of screaming....

I think we might want to establish some mega threads for some common topics or small questions. I have a lot of things that are small questions not large enough to warrant a thread but as a beginner I’d like the advice. 

Have to say, at first I thought maybe this was a post asking for relationship advice around breaking up. Glad that’s not the case and let’s keep it that way 😂

• Haha 3

😅I'm not getting rid of my husband that easy! I would have to really start getting more tanks.... hmmmm

"But the child neeeeeds a puffer! I don't want to watch Murphy again!" (Tries to justify budget)

• Haha 2