dawghause

I have just purchased a Fluval Flex 15 and I want this to be a nice planted tank.  Looking for suggestion's on what lighting to use.  Not going to go with anything crazy as far as plants are concerned.  Just simple easy to take care of plantings.  I will also have a few fish and shrimp in the tank.  Was looking at the Fluval Nano and the Fluval plant 3.0.  I'm concerned the 3.0 may be overkill but I would hate to buy the nano and then need more.  Please give me your input.  

Thank you

Brandon 

I beleive the fluval flex comes with a light. Unless your only buying the aquarium and not the kit. You can always turn down the lighting on the fluval 3.0. Heres a thread of peoples programing for both the fluval 3.0 and the nano:

I beleive the 15 kit actually comes with a fluval 3.0, so a 3.0 would be fine. 

It looks like the smaller Flex units have an older generation light with a remote, while the 32.5 gallon units have Aquasky technology.

If I ended up with the 15 gallon unit, without a light, I would probably use the Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, because of the height control. With the L bracket installed in the tall configuration, the Nano can sit about six inches above the tank. This would provide good coverage, and let you grow plants above the waterline, if you run without a cover. The Nanos are really powerful and versatile.

Edited by Streetwise