Aquarium heater upgrade

Will Billy

Ok so here is the rundown. Currently have a 55 gallon tank with a 200w heater. Recently noticed condensation at the top of the glass tube, and suspect a small crack. Heater is still working fine for now, but want to head off the problem before it decides to crap out at an inconvenient time. Before i replace with another one i was wondering about getting 2 smaller heaters and place them under my 2 hob filters below the out take and next to the intake for better heat exchange near water flow, and to sorta divide up the work load by having 2 smaller ones working together vs one larger one doing all the work. With decorations and substrate etc... im calculating i have 50 gallons of actual water. Using my grocery store arithmetic, 50 gallons, ambient room temperature 71F, target temperature for water 78F, am I correct in assuming 2, 100w heaters should be what I need? Or is that not enough?

Also, if I am correct in assuming 2 100w heaters will in fact work with my setup, What brand or type of heater would you recommend? It’s sometimes difficult to go strictly by product reviews as some people do not know how to use the equipment correctly which leaves me sketchy on good and bad reviews of which heater i should choose. I would like some personal input from my favorite forum as to which heater i should go with. I am currently eyeballing the Aqueon pro 100, but some of the reviews have me second guessing that product.