Internal parasites

Chewyrat77

3 minutes ago, James Black said:

I have a 125 cycled that had African Cichlids and one bristlenose pleco in it. I recently sold all the cichlids and I'm keeping the tank cycled by feeding the basically empty tank. I have mollies in QT that will be going in there after that but I want to remove and QT the pleco as well just to be on the safe side. The cichlids had no signs of illness but I can't see internal parasites so that's why I'm asking how long to wait before putting the pleco and mollies in after QT

36 minutes ago, Chewyrat77 said:

I have a 125 cycled that had African Cichlids and one bristlenose pleco in it. I recently sold all the cichlids and I'm keeping the tank cycled by feeding the basically empty tank. I have mollies in QT that will be going in there after that but I want to remove and QT the pleco as well just to be on the safe side. The cichlids had no signs of illness but I can't see internal parasites so that's why I'm asking how long to wait before putting the pleco and mollies in after QT

If you have had the bristlenose pleco in your care and it seems healthy and you know he hasn't been around fish with parasites I wouldn't quarintine him. There is  a very slim chance your fish have internal parasites especially when you know where that fish has been.

9 hours ago, Chewyrat77 said:

I was thinking to be on the safe side I could quarantine him before adding fish in with him that had just been quarantined/treated with the med trio.

Yes,  quarantine him.  It really isn't going to hurt and it will give you peace of mind.  The only thing that would happen by not doing this is adding a potential vector for infecting the other fish.   Its probably unnecessary, but if he was in with other 'un-treated' fish, then there is a risk.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 6:26 AM, Mr_Manifesto said:

Yes,  quarantine him.  It really isn't going to hurt and it will give you peace of mind.  The only thing that would happen by not doing this is adding a potential vector for infecting the other fish.   Its probably unnecessary, but if he was in with other 'un-treated' fish, then there is a risk.   

How long would you leave the main tank without fish or the bristlenose empty before you felt safe adding all the QT fish and bristlenose back into the main tank?