What is this, how do treat it?

TomO

Its fungal infections treat with API fungus cure and treat with maracyn to cover against secondary bacterial infection you could also add aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons as well looking at the  severity of the fungal infection

Edited by Colu

The rainbows are gone, I am treating the tank with fungus cure and maracyn. This tank is new and has been a bane to my existence. First an algae bloom in the water column, then diatom bloom I'm still fighting, and now a fungus infection. I'm running 3 filters and a UV sterilizer. I have 6 angelfish coming in the mail on Tuesday, luckily they don't have to go in the 75. I have a 5 year old 55 gallon, I just have to move some fish around.

• Sad 2

On 12/14/2020 at 6:24 PM, James Black said:

Your ntirtrites and amonia are a bit high, they should be at 0. When did you stock this tank? when did you get the dead fish?

I set up the tank a little over a month ago, and planted it during set up. I added the small fish a week later and then transferred two angels and the two rainbows a couple weeks later. A week after that I got the algae bloom, so I bought a sterilizer. as the water was clearing I noticed the diatom bloom. I added 4 otocinculus and a couple of snails to help clear the brown stuff. I check my water parameters almost daily, and have been doing water changes every few days because I had heard on YouTube that it helps get rid of the diatom bloom.

Ive decided to put the angels in my 29 live bearer tank since they are going to be small. 4 Blue marbles, and 2 Pinoy Paraiba. I have a new 20 gallon to set up, but I'm running out of space in my house for any more aquariums. But I suppose that's a good problem to have.