Helanthium tenellum question

Hi everyone I recently pulled all the hygrophila corymbosa out of my fluval spec v! It was a bit overwhelming in a 5 gallon aquarium. I decided to replace it with some helanthium tenellum I picked up and was just curious on how well it grows without co2. I’m hoping I made a good choice at the moment it looks a little bare, but I’m hoping for a grass valley with plants built up on both sides. I’ll post a pic of before and after the changes I just wanna know thoughts on the helanthium tenellum as I’ve never tried it before!

3DFDFDA5-6938-4663-87F2-205D7F35CA31.jpeg

D6B91F8C-BB33-462F-97DA-178318F08557.jpeg

• Like 2

I ended up using 3 of the 5 small pieces of wood I picked up from my lfs earlier and drained the tank down to about an inch of water so I could glue the wood to the dragon stone already in the tank. I’m not 100% happy with how it turned out, but it was my first attempt with wood! Next time I plan on having more arms aka my girlfriend to help hold pieces in place while I glue them! I didn’t fully think about how difficult it was gonna be but I made it work! I feel like the one piece of wood may be a little to long I didn’t want to cut it and ruin the end of it though. I think it looks better than the empty space there before. What are everyone’s thoughts? More wood? Does it look okay as is? Should I have left it without wood? Basically did I make a good decision 😂

13FC77DB-6C45-4C40-804F-88A5B0340F65.jpeg

90A0124B-B769-4A42-B591-C50CEC05DD18.jpeg