Plants for my 55 gallon

Lee Friedmann

I have a 55 gallon tank with a trickle filter using bioballs for filtration, small pebble rock as a substrate, rock/driftwood Hardscape and adding the fluval 3.0 light.

The tank is Established and being converted over to a community fish tank with live plants.

Planning on starting with various anubias, java fernBacopa caroliniana, Ammannia Gracilis, Scarlet temple.

knowing that the plants will grow over time, How many plants should I start with?

Thanks for your input.

That depends. How patient are you? 😁 If you're patient, and thus can wait until the plants fill in, just buy what you want and then fill in with cuttings where applicable and let others spread. If you're less patient and want more immediate results, buy as many plants as you can afford and fill that puppy in!

I think that's a pretty good sounding start. You'll probably see some more that catch your eye.  I recommend some crypts. They are super easy and they grow well and come in a lot of different varieties. Rotalla is also an easy stem plant, from what I've experienced.