Glad to be here!

howze01

Hi! I am Jonathan (but everyone calls me howze) and I live in NC. I currently just have a little 8 gallon Fluval Nano tank but I’m starting to get the itch for a larger tank! I’ve been keeping or working with fish for at least 35 years or so. I’ve kept many different things over the years from community fresh water tanks to reef tanks and a lot in between. I especially love planted tanks though. It’s been at least 10 years since I’ve had one but I have the feeling it won’t be much longer! I’m looking forward to learning tons from the community here and maybe passing on a lesson or 2 I’ve learned over the years!

• Like 2

Definitely looking forward to it as well! It was my older brother that got me in to fish keeping all those years ago. We lost him a couple years ago and the tank I want to build is for Congo Tetras which were his favorite fish. They also became my favorite fish because of him so I’m hoping I can do it justice!

Edited by howze01
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, howze01 said:

Definitely looking forward to it as well! It was my older brother that got me in to fish keeping all those years ago. We lost him a couple years ago and the tank I want to build is for Congo Tetras which were his favorite fish. They also became my favorite fish because of him so I’m hoping I can do it justice!

That's going to be so amazing. Someday I'd love a large tank with a good school of congo's in there. I don't know why they aren't more popular they are absolutely stunning fish and highly underrated. 

On 12/20/2020 at 8:51 AM, Alison said:

That's going to be so amazing. Someday I'd love a large tank with a good school of congo's in there. I don't know why they aren't more popular they are absolutely stunning fish and highly underrated. 

Totally agree. They’re such an underrated fish. Maybe it’s their bigger size? I have a lot of plans, we’ll see how much I can actually get done though!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, howze01 said:

Totally agree. They’re such an underrated fish. Maybe it’s their bigger size? I have a lot of plans, we’ll see how much I can actually get done though!

True they do get a decent size. J was flirting with sticking them in my new tank but realized that wasn't possible once I saw their max size. Ahh well. Another day, another tank.