Lid for 40 gal breeder

Jake Ledesma

Hello all! I didn’t want to cut up anything to make my own lid and cover for my tank but I was wondering if anyone out there can point me into a direction to where I can find a lid and cover for my 40 gallon breeder that won’t leave a big hole for me to have to cover up still. Any and all recommendations are appreciated!! BTW it’s a 40 gallon breeder if you didn’t see it in the title

why do you not want to make your own?

you make a good lid with this https://www.lowes.com/pd/PLASKOLITE-Common-24-in-x-48-in-Actual-23-75-in-x-47-75-in-7-85-sq-ft-Louvered-Ceiling-Light-Panels/3280904 and this 

220108_1-8_clearscreennetting-3x7-bc2.jp
WWW.BULKREEFSUPPLY.COM

Why does BRS recommend this? Every tank we set up at BRS we make a screen net top for.  They will save you a ton of money down the line after you have a few fish jump out of your tank, and you find them on the floor. ...

3 minutes ago, quirkylemon103 said:

why do you not want to make your own?

you make a good lid with this https://www.lowes.com/pd/PLASKOLITE-Common-24-in-x-48-in-Actual-23-75-in-x-47-75-in-7-85-sq-ft-Louvered-Ceiling-Light-Panels/3280904 and this 

220108_1-8_clearscreennetting-3x7-bc2.jp
WWW.BULKREEFSUPPLY.COM

Why does BRS recommend this? Every tank we set up at BRS we make a screen net top for.  They will save you a ton of money down the line after you have a few fish jump out of your tank, and you find them on the floor. ...

I don’t want to make my own just because I like the traditional lid and cover that my 20 gallon has as well, it helps keep my cat from getting feisty and falling in lol

I don't know if you have one near you, but I found a lid for mine at Pet Supplies Plus.  It leaves about 2" open along the back, which is typical for the glass lids I've seen, but it has a plastic strip you can cut to fit around the filter, heater cords, etc that attaches to the glass to cover the remainder of that opening.

• Thanks 1