32 gallon Brute garbage can with dolly

RichNJ

The dolly and Brute container will more than likely will handle the weight.   At least a couple of people on these forums use them.  I would if I had a convenient way to fill and store them.  The risk comes from when the wheels hit something and stop turning.  With care, it can be done.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 10:45 AM, RichNJ said:

Can the full 32 gallon can be moved with the dolly?  Or too heavy/risky to wheel around without breaking the dolly or can?

They handle the weight just fine. I use mine for ro water. The only thing is make sure the floor is clean and nothing gets under the wheels. Bit of splash that way. Like a shopping cart hitting a rock

Dolly works fine until the wheels get too much hair caught in them for instance in a multi-pet household like mine. 😝 But you can buy the dollies by themselves and I replace them every couple years along with intermittently cleaning them out. I have 3 barrels, 2 on dollies, one is my elevated RO reservoir that gravity feeds into the mixing barrels as needed. I’m only using 1 rolling barrel but thought I was going to keep an extra barrel of RO ready but don’t end up doing that. Eventually I’ll likely get rid of one of the rolling barrels since I really don’t need 2.

My floors aren’t perfectly smooth but I can still have about 27 gallons in my 32 gallon barrel and still get them into every room for water changes without water sloshing over (at least most of the time).  😆 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1