preventing death or disease during a move

clownbaby

Recently my house flooded and all of our floors (some carpet, some hardwoods) are ruined and moldy and we are currently ripping them up and replacing them. I need to move my tank, of course, but I am hoping for some tips as when I have had to move fish into a tub in the past I usually lose one, likely due to stress. 

I have always put a heater in the tub, two airstones and a sponge filter, hiding places (but still bare bottom). I do have aquarium salt and epson salt on hand as well as fritzyme, don't know if I could use either of these but I really don't want to have to lose a fish

I try trapping my fish in containers but I do have to resort to nets at times

any tips for how I can make this whole process a lot more smooth and decrease the chance of stress, disease, and death? thank you all 

• Like 1

Keep stress to a minimum keep the lights low for the Frist couple of days add the Fritz bottled bacteria to the tubs  and a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes keep an eye on your water parameters just in case you get a spike in ammonia or nitrite hopefully you should be fine @clownbaby

• Like 3

On 10/13/2024 at 3:37 AM, Colu said:

Keep stress to a minimum keep the lights low for the Frist couple of days add the Fritz bottled bacteria to the tubs  and a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes keep an eye on your water parameters just in case you get a spike in ammonia or nitrite hopefully you should be fine @clownbaby

thank you! I will have to seperate Leroy (my mystery snail) but he won't mind, he is immortal 💪🐌

• Like 2