Green neon acting strange

flossy

What are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature any loss of appetite have you introduced any new fish to the tank recently that could have bought in disease do you have a quarantine tank you could use to treat the fish in @flossy

On 8/7/2024 at 3:38 AM, Colu said:

What are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature any loss of appetite have you introduced any new fish to the tank recently that could have bought in disease do you have a quarantine tank you could use to treat the fish in @flossy

Sorry for the late response but there was some ammonia so I did a waterchange. 

Current parameters: ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 pH: 7.5

Temp: 76

I have been fasting for a few days as the fish is bloated. I gave it a Epsom salt bath for about 10 minutes, the fish seems to be less bloated and is getting better at swimming but yesterday and this morning it was on the substrate and struggling to swim. No new fish were introduced and I currently dont have a quarantine tank as I have turned it into my shrimp tank.

NOTE: Ran out of dechlorinater and cannot do any water changes (ordered on amazon and will take about 7 days)

On 8/10/2024 at 1:18 AM, flossy said:

I use fritz but thanks for the suggestion.

In a pinch, whatever works. It’s what’s best about big box. Longer hours open and tons of choices. 

• Like 1

Could be an number of things causing the bloating organ failure egg bound if it's a female constipation I would do epsom salt baths for 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days you can use tank water then fast for three days then feed a small amount once a day for the next week  go from there @flossy

Edited by Colu
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 2