Constipated? Clamped finns

VanDogh

So my guppys finns were clamped so I made a 50% waterchange (no2 level were orangish yellow) so ammonia, no2 and no3 should be good now.

pH maybe around 8

Hardness very hard water

KH/Buffer is also pretty high

Water Temperature is 26 celcius

either way, his finns were clamped so I got worried and made a water change. Now I notice this string of poop that legit won't go away and he has been having for more than 1h

20240802_082027.jpg.fae3d7bc39912797e2db7a8b5d3aaf98.jpg

20240802_082025.jpg

is he just constipated and this will pass? I gave him some smooshed peas but I don't know if his finns are clamped due to constipation or if I should quarantine him and treat him for something??

Edited by VanDogh

White stingy poop can be  just poop with no food in it could be caused by constipation what I would do is fast for a couple of days and keep an eye on your water parameters then give an update if your seeing no improvement or it gets worse @VanDogh

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 1:29 PM, Colu said:

White stingy poop can be  just poop with no food in it could be caused by constipation what I would do is fast for a couple of days and keep an eye on your water parameters then give an update if your seeing no improvement or it gets worse @VanDogh

Should I move him then? I am not sure how to fast him without fasting every other residents in the tank 

On 8/3/2024 at 12:53 AM, lefty o said:

a little salt wont bother a corydora.

Ah, that's a relief to hear thanks! How much salt would you suggest for a 80L, approx 21 gallons?

On 8/3/2024 at 12:36 AM, VanDogh said:

Ah, that's a relief to hear thanks! How much salt would you suggest for a 80L, approx 21 gallons?

I would do 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that level of salt safe for your Cory's and most plants will tolerate that level of salt fine you could quarantine this fish and treat on its own with a higher level of salt 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2024 at 1:58 AM, Colu said:

I would do 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that level of salt safe for your Cory's and most plants will tolerate that level of salt fine you could quarantine this fish and treat on its own with a higher level of salt 

Bless! I put 4 tablespoon in the tank. I've had some esha optima also yesterday and today, he got peas yesterday but finns are still clamped. Though the poop is no longer stuck. Hopefully the salt will help and if it doesn't I'll move him and give him a stronger concentration of salt

• Like 1