Can't Stop Staring...

Whether it be a new tank, old tank, small tank, big tank...I can't seem to stop staring and looking and lose track of time! 

I've had little slices of nature in my care for almost 6 years now and it still amazes me that we can keep them in our homes. 

Anybody else have the feeling? 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

On 7/18/2024 at 11:11 AM, maspohno said:

Whether it be a new tank, old tank, small tank, big tank...I can't seem to stop staring and looking and lose track of time! 

I've had little slices of nature in my care for almost 6 years now and it still amazes me that we can keep them in our homes. 

Oh yes. Get me a cup of coffee, sit in a chair in front of my tanks, and absolutely just STARE. What am i thinking about? What plants i can add and where. Why? Cause i love FISH TANKS!!!! Best hobby.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 10:11 AM, maspohno said:

My level of interest waxes and wanes depending on how busy I am and whether anything is new in the tank.  No matter my overall interest level, if I sit in front of the tank then I will lose track of time. Its about taking the time to sit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have a tank in front of our couch, the TV is next to it, so you have to sit tilted to watch tv, but you can sit straight and stare at the tank. Guess what I do 🙂 But it is also the tank that I am the most unhappy with, feels like it is not perfect yet, because I stare at it all the time.

I also have one right next to my work computer, two are in my boyfriends work room, next to a large armchair where I will go have coffee. The new one is next to our breakfast nook 🙂 I work from home and I spend hours, during workcall for example, looking at the fish. LOVE the hobby!!

although I went mosquito larvae fishing today, as I noticed I had some larvae in my garden tub, and I am grossed out. I have not seen so many at once in ages! I even had to catch a water boatman from my other garden tub and plop it in this one to help control the population, cause EW. Take a look! The smaller container was sifted through artemia sieve to separate the smallest larvae for my smaller fish, the rest I fed only half to two tanks!! I  have to keep the rest for tomorrow and it looks like aliens. Ew. Also it has small dragonfly larva. Definite downside of this hobby

image.jpeg.5db15bc0add1a6f2594ff0f022b1efae.jpeg

• Haha 3