Broken Support

How big is the tank. Makes a difference on how much side pressure there is. And how decorative are you wanting it. There are short term fixes, but nothing that is pleasant to look at. How old is the tank? Maybe replacement parts can be ordered?

On 7/14/2024 at 9:09 PM, zayackylepga said:

Looks like the plastic is all connected on the support brace too, do they make replacements for those? 

I honestly don’t know. Depends on the manufacturer and if they’re still in business. I would think it’s a possibility.

You can Google replacement frames. Depending on where you buy them, they are cheap compared to the price of a new tank.

If the tank is still full, you will likely find that the center of your tank is now wider than the ends. so be careful not to put any more stress on the aquarium. 

• Like 1

Personally I’d replace the aquarium. If it’s that old then you got your moneys worth and not worth the extra hassle for a brand new $150 75 gallon. Although, I purchased a new 75 last week and with the 50% off I paid $73, which is less than I’ve ever paid for a 75. Not sure if it was a glitch, but even at the $150 I still value in purchasing new. Either way you can’t go wrong. 

• Like 1