Hey guys I have a 10 gallon tank that currently has a dwarf gourami and 4 Cory cats. I am wondering if I can add any more fish to my tank as I am getting different answers from people. If you think I can add more fish what would you put in? Thanks so much I will attach a photo of my tank. 

C800BF84-A214-496B-97C9-A85D200BF34B.jpeg

On 6/30/2024 at 8:56 PM, mynameisnobody said:

How long has the tank been running? What were you thinking of adding? 

It’s been running for about 2 months. I was thinking neon tetras but am open to any suggestions. I have been checking levels very careful and everything in tank is happy. 

2 months is good and if all water parameters would check out. 10 gallons is tricky, I’d either add a few more cory’s or a small school of nano’s, imo neons are a bit too big. I believe green neons stay smaller. I’m not a nano guy so my help is limited here, but I can tell you with certainty, your corys want friends, they just don’t know how to tell you. 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2024 at 8:50 PM, Jcswag_fishing said:

Hey guys I have a 10 gallon tank that currently has a dwarf gourami and 4 Cory cats. I am wondering if I can add any more fish to my tank as I am getting different answers from people. If you think I can add more fish what would you put in? Thanks so much I will attach a photo of my tank. 

Welcome to the forum. 

A small group of chili rasbora gets my vote.

C800BF84-A214-496B-97C9-A85D200BF34B.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/30/2024 at 9:06 PM, Tlindsey said:

Thank you! What would you consider a small group? Appreciate your help 

On 6/30/2024 at 9:01 PM, mynameisnobody said:

2 months is good and if all water parameters would check out. 10 gallons is tricky, I’d either add a few more cory’s or a small school of nano’s, imo neons are a bit too big. I believe green neons stay smaller. I’m not a nano guy so my help is limited here, but I can tell you with certainty, your corys want friends, they just don’t know how to tell you. 

I really appreciate your advice. I would love to get at least 5 Cory’s in the tank from what Iv read. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 9:14 PM, Jcswag_fishing said:
On 6/30/2024 at 9:13 PM, Tlindsey said:

A group of 6-7.

Ok thank you so much ! 

That size group would be great! But I’d find some really small floating food for them. Maybe even fry food. I think when people have problems with new chilis it’s usually from too large of food. Or food that sinks too quickly. They’re going to have very small mouths and require very small food. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 11:23 PM, Tony s said:

That size group would be great! But I’d find some really small floating food for them. Maybe even fry food. I think when people have problems with new chilis it’s usually from too large of food. Or food that sinks too quickly. They’re going to have very small mouths and require very small food. 

Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it !

• Like 1