New API plastic test tubes with hinged caps.

I bought an API Nitrate test kit recently that came with a 5 ml plastic test tube with the cap hinged to the top.

you can flip it closed with your thumb… no needing to use another hand to get the cap on.  No more glass breakage.

image.jpg.8c1b4c0fbd6c837165fdbb99d19680f7.jpg

I was very pleased.  I went looking for replacement plastic test tubes to get rid of my glass ones.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find any for sale…

I am hoping API intends to offer them soon.

Edited by Pepere
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Mine  is like that as well. The whole kit had 4 tubes just like that, plastic and with the cap connected. I have 3 now, lost one the day after I got the kit😜. I have had the same kit since February of last year. No expired bottles, and only have replaced 1 test tube.

21BFDB85-13D6-4793-BE85-6FF60E2E589D.jpeg

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 9:08 PM, face said:

Ya just don’t leave the solution in it they stain

Unfortunately, so do the glass ones. I figured out 6 months after finding a nitrate test again.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Mine came with those in Jan. don't know how long they have been out I also like the cap that stays on. I have hard water so when I clean them with my tap water I take a paper towel and dry the inside. I bought some glass ones but don't like the screw on cap they came with.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 12:38 AM, Sacah said:

I do like the plastic ones, though they do stain a lot quicker than the glass ones, I get side tracked easily.

lol, yes i know. My ammonia tube is so yellow i cannot even see in it LOL. So u still have replace every few months.

• 1 month later...

I wrote to customer service at API.  They did not specifically say so, but, reading between the lines of what they did say, I am guessing they are only available with test kits right now, and once they clear out of their stock of replacement glass tubes, they will then start offering packs of replacements in the plastic…

• Like 1