Community-Curated Aquarium Guide?

On 6/20/2024 at 4:14 PM, Kunersbettas said:

Ok, so should i just make a doc about the WCMMs, then give you the link? And you can copy and paste to this section? 

On 6/20/2024 at 3:17 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Ok, so should i just make a doc about the WCMMs, then give you the link? And you can copy and paste to this section? 

Either one works. You could type it directly onto the section or you could send me the separate document and I could paste it in. That section will be pretty big. Either way, people will be able to see the info and make suggestions.

• Like 1

Here is my current Panda Garra draft for further editing and comments:

Panda Garra (Garra flavatra)

Native to: Myanmar/Burma

Ease of care: Fairly Easy 

Length: 3-4in

Minimum Tank Size: 20 gallons

Temp: 70 - 82 Fo (21 - 27 Co)

Ph: 6.8 - 7.6 

Aggression: Peaceful but can be rambunctious at feeding time.

Despite looking like a loach or pleco of some sort, the Panda Garra is a small colorful cyprinid that comes from fast streams and rivers in South-East Asia. They are an attractive sleek streamlined fish that are black with yellow bands and red fins. Many online pictures will show the red fins to be very prominent but in reality the fins are red but it does not stand out that much.

The Panda Garra is a relatively easy fish to care for. They are a peaceful fish that does very well in community aquariums. Some good tankmates include other aggressive bottom eaters like Corydoras or fish that eat at a higher level of the tank like Tetras or Rasboras. They enjoy a diet of a variety of high quality pellets and wafers, especially those that contain algae and vegetable content. The Panda Garra originates from fast streams, thus it is recommended to keep them in tanks with decent amounts of flow, it does not need to be crazy but there should be something.  They are not the most graceful swimmers, moving around by wiggling themselves around the aquarium but they enjoy having leaves and decor to perch on and sit in areas with some flow to them. They enjoy being in groups of 3 or more but can be kept fine alone.

The Panda Garra is a very interesting and personable fish to keep. They have sucker style mouths which they use to eat soft-diatom algaes and climb around the aquarium. However they can also use their mouths to escape so a tight fitting lid is essential. Panda Garras are very intelligent fish and after warming up to a person will happily eat from their hand. Sexing wise males have a small bump on their noses covered with white dots which females do not, and not much information is available on their breeding as it is difficult. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 4:23 PM, GoofyGarra said:

Here is my current Panda Garra draft for further editing and comments:

Panda Garra (Garra flavatra)

Native to: Myanmar/Burma

Ease of care: Fairly Easy 

Length: 3-4in

Minimum Tank Size: 20 gallons

Temp: 70 - 82 Fo (21 - 27 Co)

Ph: 6.8 - 7.6 

Aggression: Peaceful but can be rambunctious at feeding time.

Despite looking like a loach or pleco of some sort, the Panda Garra is a small colorful cyprinid that comes from fast streams and rivers in South-East Asia. They are an attractive sleek streamlined fish that are black with yellow bands and red fins. Many online pictures will show the red fins to be very prominent but in reality the fins are red but it does not stand out that much.

The Panda Garra is a relatively easy fish to care for. They are a peaceful fish that does very well in community aquariums. Some good tankmates include other aggressive bottom eaters like Corydoras or fish that eat at a higher level of the tank like Tetras or Rasboras. They enjoy a diet of a variety of high quality pellets and wafers, especially those that contain algae and vegetable content. The Panda Garra originates from fast streams, thus it is recommended to keep them in tanks with decent amounts of flow, it does not need to be crazy but there should be something.  They are not the most graceful swimmers, moving around by wiggling themselves around the aquarium but they enjoy having leaves and decor to perch on and sit in areas with some flow to them. They enjoy being in groups of 3 or more but can be kept fine alone.

The Panda Garra is a very interesting and personable fish to keep. They have sucker style mouths which they use to eat soft-diatom algaes and climb around the aquarium. However they can also use their mouths to escape so a tight fitting lid is essential. Panda Garras are very intelligent fish and after warming up to a person will happily eat from their hand. Sexing wise males have a small bump on their noses covered with white dots which females do not, and not much information is available on their breeding as it is difficult. 

Good! When you've finished, just slap it into the Doc or I can add it for you.

On 6/20/2024 at 7:21 PM, Kunersbettas said:

Either one works. You could type it directly onto the section or you could send me the separate document and I could paste it in. That section will be pretty big. Either way, people will be able to see the info and make suggestions.

Got it. I will do a separate doc, then make you a editor. Then you can paste it. I won’t make it huge. Just basic info.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 9:45 AM, Guupy42 said:

If no one else wants to, I could write the Nerite Snails section. @Whitecloud09, are you interested in helping with this section? You have a Nerite snail, too.

Sure. I could help with some sections, and if we are doing pics. Could you make a doc and let me be a editor of it? For this section @Guupy42

On 6/25/2024 at 11:59 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Sure. I could help with some sections, and if we are doing pics. Could you make a doc and let me be a editor of it? For this section @Guupy42

I was thinking we could edit through a PM thread, because I would have to reveal my name if we do a Google Doc, but I guess that's okay. Would you rather do it through a private message, or do you still want to do Docs? Send me your email address through a private message, so I can send you the document.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 1:05 PM, Guupy42 said:

I was thinking we could edit through a PM thread, because I would have to reveal my name if we do a Google Doc, but I guess that's okay. Would you rather do it through a private message, or do you still want to do Docs? Send me your email address through a private message, so I can send you the document.

PM me. I don’t like revealing my name for my email if not needed either. PM message will be perfect. @Guupy42

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 2:36 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

If you guys think you can handle it then you got it😂but reach out if you need a third opinion on anything

We will! We can add you to the PM thread so you can help too, so we will have our own sections and share them and put it all together! Or we can wait and just ask if needed. @EricksonAquatics

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 1:36 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

If you guys think you can handle it then you got it😂but reach out if you need a third opinion on anything

I added you to the PM thread, check your mailbox, @EricksonAquatics. I have had my snail for over 6 months now, but I think that you are probably more experienced with them than I am. Thanks for helping!

• Like 2

On 6/25/2024 at 4:47 PM, Guupy42 said:

I added you to the PM thread, check your mailbox, @EricksonAquatics. I have had my snail for over 6 months now, but I think that you are probably more experienced with them than I am. Thanks for helping!

Good. Yeah I am not experienced with nerite snails that much either lol. Have had mine for a month now I guees. The only reason that I would like to help is because I did tons and tons of research on these guys. So I know a lot by doing that. 

• Like 2