Growth on the side of my beta

lmhicks101

Could be a fluid filled cyst or the start of a tumor they are really common in Betta's due to inbreeding what I would is quarantine and start treating with aquarium salt 1 table spoon of 2 gallons if it is  a fluid filled cyst you should notice it start to reduce in size @lmhicks101

On 5/29/2024 at 8:13 PM, Colu said:

Could be a fluid filled cyst or the start of a tumor they are really common in Betta's due to inbreeding what I would is quarantine and start treating with aquarium salt 1 table spoon of 2 gallons if it is  a fluid filled cyst you should notice it start to reduce in size @lmhicks101

Thank you. What’s the time frame to start seeing results?

On 5/30/2024 at 5:48 AM, lmhicks101 said:

Thank you. What’s the time frame to start seeing results?

If it's a fluid filled cyst you should start to see a reduction in size after a couple of days as the salt start to reduce the fluid I would leave the salt at that level for week then give an update if your not seeing any improvement 

On 5/30/2024 at 6:42 AM, Colu said:

If it's a fluid filled cyst you should start to see a reduction in size after a couple of days as the salt start to reduce the fluid I would leave the salt at that level for week then give an update if your not seeing any improvement 

I appreciate the help. Thank you. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 6:42 AM, Colu said:

It’s been a week. He’s active and eating and probably enjoying the peace and quiet but I don’t see any improvement with the growth.

I completely changed the water once since it got a little funky for some reason but replaced the salt. 

new pics

IMG_4149.jpeg

IMG_4150.jpeg

old pics

IMG_4117.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

Edited by lmhicks101

On 6/7/2024 at 1:33 PM, lmhicks101 said:

It’s been a week. He’s active and eating and probably enjoying the peace and quiet but I don’t see any improvement with the growth.

I completely changed the water once since it got a little funky for some reason but replaced the salt. 

new pics

IMG_4149.jpeg

IMG_4150.jpeg

old pics

IMG_4117.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

Given the fact that you have seen no improvement after a week of treating with salt means you probably not dealing with a cyst more than likely a tumor if that's the case all you can do is monitor as long as he has a good quality of life leave him be i couldn't rule  out a bacterial component you could do a course of maracyn2 in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days 

1000000026.png

On 6/7/2024 at 9:27 AM, Colu said:

Given the fact that you have seen no improvement after a week of treating with salt means you probably not dealing with a cyst more than likely a tumor if that's the case all you can do is monitor as long as he has a good quality of life leave him be i couldn't rule  out a bacterial component you could do a course of maracyn2 in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days 

1000000026.png

I’ll try that. Thank you. 

More than likely a tumor. That’s getting rather common. Especially the ones from big box pet stores. But we buy them anyway. To improve their lives at the minimum. My daughter just lost one of hers 2 months ago. It lived for at least 6 months with it. No problems. No pain. You can tell if you watch them move. It’s like us. Something hurts , we don’t do it as much. Absolutely nothing you’ve done wrong. Sounds like you’re doing well by him. 

On 6/7/2024 at 1:38 PM, Tony s said:

More than likely a tumor. That’s getting rather common. Especially the ones from big box pet stores. But we buy them anyway. To improve their lives at the minimum. My daughter just lost one of hers 2 months ago. It lived for at least 6 months with it. No problems. No pain. You can tell if you watch them move. It’s like us. Something hurts , we don’t do it as much. Absolutely nothing you’ve done wrong. Sounds like you’re doing well by him. 

Sorry for your loss. Problem is my son just lost his puppy so his betta is his best friend. I’m worried this’ll be to much for him. 

• Sad 1

On 6/7/2024 at 11:03 PM, lmhicks101 said:

Problem is my son just lost his puppy so his betta is his best friend. I’m worried this’ll be to much for him

Ouch! Yeah, know how you feel. My daughter just lost her year old dog. She doesn’t know what happened to it, it was just gone. I do know, I just can’t…   Next outside dog comes with kennel attached