Planaria on plant

I just recently purchased some coral moss and unfortunately it came with Planaria. Is there a way I can treat just the plant for this without killing it? 

IMG_4158.jpeg

IMG_4159.jpeg

• Like 1

Absolutely 

Reverse Respiration 

Moss loves this. I often do it to my moss when it needs perked up. 

Use a fresh opened bottle of seltzer. Shake water off moss and place in a container and pour the seltzer over it. Allow it to sit in the dark uncovered for 5 hours. It will then be pest free ready to place in your tank. No need to even rinse. The seltzer breaks to water as the carbon dioxide gasses off. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I had some sterbai eat seemingly millions of planaria when I put them into a tank that had a lot of planaria within it.  Like almost overnight.

I've never been worried about them and bringing one in isn't going to upset the apple cart.  There's probably hundreds of planaria in your tank and you just never see them because they exist within the little ecosystem.  Fish will eat them when they find them.  The only tanks I've noticed get way too many in them are tanks I'm heavily feeding BBS.  Then they're nice bright orange planaria.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 10:50 AM, CoryWithAKatana said:

Can I ask why Planaria is bad? I think they are so cute and very cool creatures (if you cut them in half it will create two new planaria from the cut pieces)

They really are not bad. If you are breeding they eat eggs and wigglers, they do infest and kill pet snails, attack shrimp. 

If you are doing none of these things they do not hurt anything  

So it depends on what you are doing with your tanks. 

• Like 3

On 5/23/2024 at 10:50 AM, CoryWithAKatana said:

Can I ask why Planaria is bad? I think they are so cute and very cool creatures (if you cut them in half it will create two new planaria from the cut pieces)

Most of the time they are free food for your smaller fish.  

On 5/23/2024 at 2:56 PM, Tlindsey said:

Did you remove the one planaria in the pic.

Yes I did .Multiple have actually come out since the picture. 

On 5/23/2024 at 7:11 PM, Hf2014 said:

Yes I did .Multiple have actually come out since the picture. 

Was concerned about your shrimp that's why I asked did you remove what I thought was one.