Healthy goldie suddenly sick??

Cellie

On 5/19/2024 at 9:31 PM, Cellie said:

it's just scary of if it's starving her

No you’re not starving her at all. Most fish can easily go up to a week or more without eating. We do this for vacation. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2024 at 9:31 PM, Cellie said:

i did three doses of it; and a water change yesterday

ill fast her for 2 days then; it's just scary of if it's starving her >.<

Oh 3? Ok Idk if it’s a good idea to do another one then. Don’t worry, during in a ammonia spike I don’t feed my fish for 1 whole week. They were fine as ever. In general, most fish can go three days to two weeks without food. But if your worried, maybe you can feed tomorrow a small amount, then fast for 2 days @Cellie

On 5/19/2024 at 9:35 PM, Tony s said:

No you’re not starving her at all. Most fish can easily go up to a week or more without eating. We do this for vacation. 

Same, vacation for my white clouds, they don’t care, when I get back, still fine, but they are still ready for food because hey, fish will eat and eat and eat if you give them the chance unless they are sick. My betta (R.I.P) would eat 30 pellets if I gave them to him. But don’t worry I didn’t.

On 5/19/2024 at 9:35 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Oh 3? Ok Idk if it’s a good idea to do another one then. Don’t worry, during in a ammonia spike I don’t feed my fish for 1 whole week. They were fine as ever. In general, most fish can go three days to two weeks without food. But if your worried, maybe you can feed tomorrow a small amount, then fast for 2 days @Cellie

Same, vacation for my white clouds, they don’t care, when I get back, still fine, but they are still ready for food because hey, fish will eat and eat and eat if you give them the chance unless they are sick. My betta (R.I.P) would eat 30 pellets if I gave them to him. But don’t worry I didn’t.

lol that's good to know then thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

update i guess: She's still alive, and still dealing with her swim bladder issue just floating curved up at the top of her tank. I've been doing water changes quite often, at first once a day for two weeks and then lately i've only gotten to it like twice a week. I've been handfeeding her things like bloodworms, repashy gel food, occasionally a freeze-dried shrimp. I cant feed her sinking pellets anymore because they fall down and she can't get to them. Lately she started to get black spots on the scales under her curved body and on the tips of her fins (doesn't look like black spot disease). I test the ammonia quite often and it is still at zero or at least under 0.25 ppm so not ammonia burns either?. the nitrates and nitrites have been around zero also, I probably ruined the cycle in her tank from the treatments last month...

yeah, we're just hanging in there still.

Im thinking of giving her another round of treatment maybe for the bit of popeye she has? but the swim bladder that's pointing upwards is very distended so I think she possibly has a tumor and there may be nothing else for me to do.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

If the your seeing a  distention of the body cavity you could have an internal mast the fact it has improved after epsom salt and kanaplex I don't think the prognosis is good can you  post another picture of the fish @Cellie

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1