Please help, Cory laying on its side and breathing heavily

I am not sure there is anything that really can be done…

I would check parameters,  ammonia nitrite, ph, gh, kh, temp. The others look fine in the picture..

are you using quarantine meds already?

how long since you placed this batch in quarantine?

I have had multiple batches of fish go through quarantine with 100% survival, and others go through with 60-70% mortality.  They all received the same care and treatment…. Nothing I could point to as something I did wrong.

The trip from breeding facility or wild caught to your tank is a stressful one, mentally and physically, with possibilities of lots of exposure to fish from different origins..l. Lots of opportunities to pick something up, and the stress of the traveling, cold, heat exposure, fasting, ammonia and co2 buildup in trAnsport bags all take their toll.

My experience is that if fish survive the first 2-3 weeks, they will likely last their expected lifetime afterwards…

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 11:43 AM, flossy said:

image.jpg.bc3f847e4281a2209e7e5909f22a0617.jpg

There looks to be some fungus and some other stuff going on.  It's very unlikely the corydoras survives.  I would highly recommend adding an airstone (whatever you have, add another), verifying temp is 72-76 degrees, and then adding aquarium salt.  1 tbsp per 5g is sufficient for this issue.  You can also do 1 tbsp per 3 gallons if you want to have a little bit stronger dose.  This helps with gill function and to counter the fungus issues.

On 5/11/2024 at 2:20 PM, Pepere said:

I would check parameters,  ammonia nitrite, ph, gh, kh, temp. The others look fine in the picture..

are you using quarantine meds already?

how long since you placed this batch in quarantine?

All excellent details we need.  Please let us know.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Pepere@nabokovfan87 I had tested the water the day before and all was fine. I am aware of the fungus and have been treating with the med trio. the gold laser cories only had the fungal and the sturbais seemed fine. The batch has been in quarantine for about 3 weeks. Temp is 74 degrees. I have removed the cory and placed it in a separate container with an airstone. I am currently worried about the sturbai right now, I have ordered new meds for fungus and parasites.

PH: 7.6

Amonnia: 0ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

i did a 50% water change each day and redosed maracyn to cure the fungus.

Edited by flossy

On 5/11/2024 at 6:50 PM, flossy said:

did a 50% water change each day and redosed maracyn to cure the fungus.

Are you dosing Ich x with the Maracyn?

I wouldnt so much expect a broad spectrum antibiotic to help much with fungus.

Ichx has antifungal properties as well as treating Ich.  I believe @Corymentions ich x and Maracyn having a synergistic effect.

I currently am not dosing with any meds as none of them are working. I am following @Colus advice for the fungus but made this post for my sturbai which isn’t affected by the fungus

On 5/11/2024 at 3:50 PM, flossy said:

i did a 50% water change each day and redosed maracyn to cure the fungus.

Aquarium salt + ich-x would be for the fungus.

When you say you're using the med trio.... You're treating for an active issue. So this is no longer a "soak" situation. Just saying that for full clarity.