Which of these three if any?

I'm hoping to find a plant to fit this. I'm thinking dwarf sagittaria but I'm not sure. Maybe dwarf chain sword or micro sword?

The most important feature I want for this plant is to be able to out grow the appetite of 1 apple snail. Hopefully I can start with enough of it to do that but idk if any plant can grow that fast. 

2nd thing I'm looking for is something for panda cory fry and juveniles to hide and feel safe in while not being so dense its hard for me to net them when needed. 

Do any of these 3 fit those 2 requirements?

and I can see dwarf sag growing thick enough to be an absolute pain to try to get fry out of. Mine has been as high a 6-8 inches (I keep it trimmed to 3) and thick. not covering every centimeter. probably 1/2 inch or more between plants. but solid. really good cover for my bolivian rams and skunk corys

my micro sword has escaped and is now growing free. but not really quickly like sag does.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 6:59 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

I just want it to GROW

It Grows! I have had it in gravel with kit lights. It needs root tabs. mine was doing really well for over a year. I think I may have stunted mine though. I had been keeping it trimmed but is fading now. but in better substrate. it grows like grass

• Like 1

It doesn't make a super tight carpet. even in high light (i grow it in both high light and kit light tanks) there is room for most animals to reach the surface. but the leaves are sturdy and it grows relatively fast. so not a carpet, more jungle like. up to a foot tall or more with the right conditions. very easy plant. 

On 5/2/2024 at 5:38 PM, Tony s said:

and I can see dwarf sag growing thick enough to be an absolute pain to try to get fry out of. Mine has been as high a 6-8 inches (I keep it trimmed to 3) and thick. not covering every centimeter. probably 1/2 inch or more between plants. but solid. really good cover for my bolivian rams and skunk corys

my micro sword has escaped and is now growing free. but not really quickly like sag does.

Yeah, it’s a slow grower, it has barely grown a inch since I got it, but let me tell you, if you have everything it requires, I have seen some people have it and it grows pretty good and also it can help with coverage for your cories. 

On 5/2/2024 at 7:57 PM, Tony s said:

It doesn't make a super tight carpet. even in high light (i grow it in both high light and kit light tanks) there is room for most animals to reach the surface. but the leaves are sturdy and it grows relatively fast. so not a carpet, more jungle like. up to a foot tall or more with the right conditions. very easy plant. 

Wow, need to buy that soon as possible, my plants are not doing great. 

On 5/3/2024 at 4:56 PM, T. Payne said:

I would go with dwarf sag, in my tanks it grows extremely quickly and I have to rehome some monthly.

Same here. It’s been my “duckweed”. When I got rid of it while rescaping a tank I probably gave 200+ bits away

• Like 2

On 5/2/2024 at 5:23 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I'm hoping to find a plant to fit this. I'm thinking dwarf sagittaria but I'm not sure. Maybe dwarf chain sword or micro sword?

The most important feature I want for this plant is to be able to out grow the appetite of 1 apple snail. Hopefully I can start with enough of it to do that but idk if any plant can grow that fast. 

2nd thing I'm looking for is something for panda cory fry and juveniles to hide and feel safe in while not being so dense its hard for me to net them when needed. 

Do any of these 3 fit those 2 requirements?

I have Dwarf Hairgrass and it grows very fast under high light and gets tall enough to have my little CPDs hide in the "lawn" I am sure panda cory fry would be able to seek refuge in it and if you have high lighting then the apple snail will definitely not be able to eat all of it. I would suggest getting 2 or more tissue culture cups or pots to get it started earlier as it does take a little while for it to break into a new tank but once it does it grows decently fast

• Like 2