Glass Fish sick

Marcelo

Hi everyone,

I am looking for help with the glass fish you see in the left. The one in the right is healthy but the one in the left is becoming thinner and thinner.

I have in total 7 of them.

• pH about 6 … it goes from 7 to 5.6 due to the injected Co2
  • Nitrates almost 0
  • Hardness GH and KH about 4.5 dHk (I keep both at this level every time I do TPAs and etc)
  • Nitrite almost 0
  • Ammonia zero
  • Water Temperature I keep at 74oF

TPA one time per week (50%)

Thank you very much 

Marcello

IMG_2857.jpeg

Edited by Marcelo

On 4/28/2024 at 1:17 PM, Marcelo said:

Hi everyone,

I am looking for help with the glass fish you see in the left. The one in the right is healthy but the one in the left is becoming thinner and thinner.

I have in total 7 of them.

• pH about 6 … it goes from 7 to 5.6 due to the injected Co2
  • Nitrates almost 0
  • Hardness GH and KH about 4.5 dHk (I keep both at this level every time I do TPAs and etc)
  • Nitrite almost 0
  • Ammonia zero
  • Water Temperature I keep at 74oF

TPA one time per week (50%)

Thank you very much 

Marcello

IMG_2857.jpeg

The nitrite is almost 0 u say, is it like maybe less than .25, because any present nitrite can be harmful, but anyway, that is probably not the problem, how much do u feed them @Marcelo?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I might be moving this poor guy to the hospital tank, keep lights off, controlled temperature and etc and try to feed him better but sometimes, they get so stressed for being alone that they eat less.

i am just wondering if this is some disease and not food quantity …

Edited by Marcelo
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 6:36 AM, Marcelo said:

I might be moving this poor guy to the hospital tank, keep lights off, controlled temperature and etc and try to feed him better but sometimes, they get so stressed for being alone that they eat less.

i am just wondering if this is some disease and not food quantity …

Very possible, I think it could be one too now that I think about it. Yes, hospital tank,  maybe add some aquarium salt @Marcelo as well.

Hi @macdaddy36I am not sure … I have been turning off the lights before feeding them and I am not totally sure. Now that he is in the hospital alone, I will be able to see and will let you know. Yesterday he didn’t but as this was his first day there, probably stress.

If he’s in a quarantine tank you might go ahead and treat with maracyn 2. May not have much to lose at this point. He’s just going to get weaker. It’s shrimp safe so should be good with glass. Possibly a parasite? @Colu got any ideas?

On 5/1/2024 at 3:11 PM, Marcelo said:

Hi @Tony s   @macdaddy36  @Whitecloud09  you guys are amazing. Unfortunately, it died. I believe he had some disease - I don't think the issue was food but we will never know !

Thank you so much for trying to help ... 

Marcelo

Sorry to hear that, yeah now thinking of what you fed him and everything, it was probably some kind of disease. (Idk what kind tho).

• Thanks 1