Slime on new driftwood?

Same happened to me! It's just a bacterial bloom. It will clear up soon! If you want you can add snails to clean it up or just manually remove it, but it will eventually go away. No need to worry!

• Thanks 1

perfectly normal. It's a bacterial bloom that eats what if can from the surface of the wood. when there's nothing left for it to eat. it goes away. if you try and clean it and the wood still has edible bits on it, it comes back. so, for now, just patience. and yes, I freaked out the first time I saw it too.

oh, and it's not harmful to your animals in any way at all

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2024 at 2:21 PM, clownbaby said:

Same happened to me! It's just a bacterial bloom. It will clear up soon! If you want you can add snails to clean it up or just manually remove it, but it will eventually go away. No need to worry!

Awesome! Good to know. Thank you

On 4/27/2024 at 2:22 PM, Tony s said:

perfectly normal. It's a bacterial bloom that eats what if can from the surface of the wood. when there's nothing left for it to eat. it goes away. if you try and clean it and the wood still has edible bits on it, it comes back. so, for now, just patience. and yes, I freaked out the first time I saw it too.

oh, and it's not harmful to your animals in any way at all

Fantastic news! Thanks for the info!

• Like 1