Greetings from the Far East

Hello there,

I'm from Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam and I found this lovely forum while looking for a way to quarantine plants before introducing them to a new home. Obviously "a bit" of googling showed the H2O2, KMnO4, and bleach methods, but they all have disadvantages and not really assuring results. And then I found out about the Reverse Respiration thing, was a bit skeptical at first, but after reading the longgg post that looks too similar to a submitted paper, I am convinced, and really impressed by the amount of dedication poured in.

So naturally I created an account to join the fray (is this the right idiom?). I've kept fish for around 20 years at a young age, and just got into planted tank for the last 10 years, on and off. Anyway, here is my freshly-scaped tank, 95 gallons. I've just finished the hardscape (heavily inspired by greenaqua's tank), and am still in the process of selecting plants, which is getting a wee bit frustrating. So many things to choose from, not enough space haha.

There we have it. Oh and to the friends from 'Straya, especially Perth. Oi, cu...tie pies (forum rules teehee).

Cheers

tldr; I like you guys, can I join?

z5361288277207_61412ef56ac3611be4e1e77f294a1ec6.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/18/2024 at 1:37 PM, NoGameNoLife said:

Hello there,

I'm from Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam and I found this lovely forum while looking for a way to quarantine plants before introducing them to a new home. Obviously "a bit" of googling showed the H2O2, KMnO4, and bleach methods, but they all have disadvantages and not really assuring results. And then I found out about the Reverse Respiration thing, was a bit skeptical at first, but after reading the longgg post that looks too similar to a submitted paper, I am convinced, and really impressed by the amount of dedication poured in.

So naturally I created an account to join the fray (is this the right idiom?). I've kept fish for around 20 years at a young age, and just got into planted tank for the last 10 years, on and off. Anyway, here is my freshly-scaped tank, 95 gallons. I've just finished the hardscape (heavily inspired by greenaqua's tank), and am still in the process of selecting plants, which is getting a wee bit frustrating. So many things to choose from, not enough space haha.

There we have it. Oh and to the friends from 'Straya, especially Perth. Oi, cu...tie pies (forum rules teehee).

Cheers

tldr; I like you guys, can I join?

z5361288277207_61412ef56ac3611be4e1e77f294a1ec6.jpg

Welcome! And of course you can, this forum is the most helpful and nicest forum on earth and u will 100% like it I promise @NoGameNoLife!

• Like 1