Ahhhh! Yippee!

On 4/15/2024 at 9:44 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Your first shrimplets are super fun! Wait until you see one that’s as big as an eyelash. Super fun! Congrats!

@Little Guys  Congrats on new shrimplets.  👏 

I got babies a few months ago and as I keep watching, they have multiplied, so I have babies of all ages.  They start out unbelievably tiny; it's almost unreal just how tiny.  Here's a picture of some of my newborns.  Compare them to the size of my small substrate pieces. 

I'm so happy that this gave you so much excitement, as mine did for me.  😃  ❤️  That's why we do this hobby. 

20240303_160331~4.jpg

On 4/16/2024 at 3:26 PM, Flipper said:

@Little Guys  Congrats on new shrimplets.  👏 

I got babies a few months ago and as I keep watching, they have multiplied, so I have babies of all ages.  They start out unbelievably tiny; it's almost unreal just how tiny.  Here's a picture of some of my newborns.  Compare them to the size of my small substrate pieces. 

I'm so happy that this gave you so much excitement, as mine did for me.  😃  ❤️  That's why we do this hobby. 

20240303_160331~4.jpg

Can you find all 4? 

20240409_185448.jpg.f665a9aed4fdc47527a0bf6544dd5c4b.jpg

Top right, 2 babes on the plant leaves.

• Like 1

Cool Discovery!  I had a mama shrimp in a breeding tank because she was being bullied by the other shrimp.  I noticed one day (not long after isolation) that she no longer had eggs.  I could not see anything in the tank and put her back in the big tank.  I did not think anything of it and today I noticed teeny, tiny babies in the breeding tank.  They were so small when they were born that I could not see them.  

Now I have to feed tiny babies.  Help, what do tiny baby shrimp eat? 🤣 Careful what you ask for.

• Like 1

There's some food already there for the babies.  Do you have shrimp pellet food for your other shrimp?  If so, put 2 or 3 pieces in the tank for the babies, maybe twice a week.  That should be fine.

Mine just did the same things.  A couple different colors- red, red/white, and gold.  Did the the dirted tank with sand cap.  Dry start with a thick carpet. Can’t believe it worked.  DIY CO2 w/ chopstick.  Nice when patience pays off.  Congrats.  I’ve got a ton of white, circular bugs booting around, too.  Must have been in the soil.