Inactive Nerite Snail (Previously Guppy Fin Clamp)

Guupy42

Yay! Tonight the Nerite snail moved again. When I saw him, he was climbing down the wall. I saw some white stringy thing trailing from his shell, so I got to work taking it off. He is inactive now, possibly stressed from me cleaning him, but I think it is better if I get the stringy thing/algae off as soon as possible, so it doesn't cause more issues in the long run.

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the snail is back to normal again. Last night, he cleaned off an entire wall of algae, meaning good appetite. He was also moving a lot faster than usual, but not abnormally fast, just at the pace that he used to move. There are no clustered poops anymore, like in the post linked below. He occasionally still makes some stringy feces, but I didn't see any last night. I will post here if there are any more problems regarding GH or Nerite Snails. Thank you for all your help.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2024 at 8:19 AM, Guupy42 said:

I think the snail is back to normal again. Last night, he cleaned off an entire wall of algae, meaning good appetite. He was also moving a lot faster than usual, but not abnormally fast, just at the pace that he used to move. There are no clustered poops anymore, like in the post linked below. He occasionally still makes some stringy feces, but I didn't see any last night. I will post here if there are any more problems regarding GH or Nerite Snails. Thank you for all your help.

That is great! Yes mine does not have poop like that any more actually either. And I noticed he is more bold when the light is on, plus he eats lots more alga. Maybe something was off with mine too?…. 
Any way, that is good news! Just make sure water has some good calcium supplements.

• Like 1